Hair Products for Greasy & Oily Hair
Products for greasy and oily hair
Maria Nila has hair products for you with greasy and oily hair, such as detox shampoo and detox conditioner from the Eco Therapy Revive hair care range. We also have dry shampoo that quickly refreshes your hair in-between washes. All Maria Nila's hair care is vegan and has CO2 compensated packaging. There are also hair care lines made for different hair types, such as curly hair and blonde hair.
Shampoo and conditioner for oily hairMaria Nila has both shampoo and conditioner for oily hair that are good to use when you wash your hair. Eco Therapy Revive is a detox series that is certified Cosmos Organic by Ecocert and recommended for those with oily hair. The products in the series are a 3-step treatment and can be used daily. In an effective but gentle way, the products clean the hair and restore the balance in the hair and scalp using micellar technology that encapsulates dirt, oils and products residue. Eco Therapy Revive Shampoo is a shampoo for greasy and oily hair that deeply cleans the hair from dirt, oils , and residue from hair styling products. At the same time, it cares for both hair and scalp. The shampoo contains restorative aloe vera and plant-based proteins and color-preserving Color Guard Complex, which protects your hair against UV radiation and free radicals. Eco Therapy Revive Conditioner is a nourishing conditioner for oily hair with botanical proteins and aloe vera extract. The conditioner repairs, softens and moisturizes hair and scalp. The light formula leaves the hair with a smooth feel without weighing it down. This conditioner, like all other shampoos and conditioners from Maria Nila, contains the color-preserving ingredient Color Guard Complex.
Maria Nila's best products for oily hairMaria Nila has several hair products that can be used to prevent the hair from becoming greasy, such as hair masks. There are also products that can be used when you feel that your hair has become oily but you want to hold off with washing the hair. Eco Therapy Revive Masque is a deeply nourishing hair mask that moisturizes and softens hair and scalp. Sometimes greasy hair can be caused by your scalp being dry, which makes the body respond by overproducing oil in an attempt to self-regulate the dryness of the scalp. It is the sebaceous glands at the hair follicles that produce the grease that makes your hair look greasy. That is why it can be good to use a hair mask for dry hair as a preventative measure. Once your hair has become greasy, you can use a dry shampoo that quickly refreshes greasy hair. It can also be used as a styling product to add extra volume to the hair. If you don't want to use dry shampoo in spray form, Maria Nila has one in powder form called Cleansing Powder. It is a cleansing dry shampoo and styling powder that removes grease, natural oils, dirt and product residues from the hair and gives a matte and fresh result.
5 tips to get rid of oily hair
- Shampoo your hair twice. Shampooing twice is a great way to get rid of oils, product residue and dirt. This is especially true if you have very oily hair to make sure you remove all the oil. Maria Nila also recommends that the detox shampoo from the Eco Therapy Revive series be used twice before applying the hair mask and finally the conditioner. This is because shampooing opens the cuticle of the hair, which allows for the nourishing properties of the mask to work best. Finish off with conditioner to close the hair's cuticle again.
- Do not wash your hair too often. The more you wash your hair, the faster it gets greasy. This is because the scalp can get deprived of its natural oils and then tries to compensate by producing additional oil in. Therefore, try to stick to washing your hair 1-3 times a week. When you wean your hair off from frequent washing, it can feel extra difficult to not wash your hair often. Your best friend during this period is dry shampoo like Invisidry Shampoo. If you want to freshen up your hair during the day, Maria Nila also has dry shampoo in travel size that doesn't take up too much space in your bag.
- Avoid touching your hair and brushing it too often. If you constantly run your hands through the hair and along the scalp, the natural oils will spread from the scalp to the lengths. This makes the hair greasy faster and this also applies when you brush your hair a lot and too often. Brushing your hair once a day is enough to untangle any knots.
- Clean your hairbrush. Something that many people don't think about is that you have to clean your hairbrush from time to time. The brush collects the grease from the hair and it will not go away by itself. Instead, the grease will redeposit in the hair every time you brush it. Therefore, make a habit of cleaning your hair brush from time to time.
- Use silicone-free hair products. If you have oily hair, you should be careful with using silicone-based products as they can easily make your hair greasy. Products with silicone can give temporary shine and volume to your hair, but in the long run it can have negative consequences. The silicone tends to accumulate in the scalp, causing the hair follicles to become clogged and oil production to increase.
Hair products for other hair typesMaria Nila offers hair care products for all hair types, such as:
- Hair products for thin and fine hair. For those who have thin hair and want increased volume in your hair, Maria Nila's volume shampoo and volume conditioner from the Pure Volume hair care range are great. The products contain Provitamin B5 and are made for you who want long-lasting volume and stronger hair.
- Hair products for damaged hair. The Structure Repair range is for those who have dry and damaged hair due to chemical treatment and damage. The range consists of products with ingredients from the bottom of the sea in the form of algae extract, which softens and repairs damaged and lifeless hair. There is, among other things, a repair shampoo and a repair conditioner.
- Hair products for sensitive and dry scalp. If you have a sensitive and dry scalp, our best products are for example the dandruff shampoo and the Head & Hair Heal Masque. They are soothing, hair growth stimulating and gentle on extra sensitive skin. The products are part of the Head & Hair Heal range, which is a calming and nourishing series that is good for dandruff and other scalp problems.
- Hair products for dry hair. If you have naturally dry hair, Maria Nila's True Soft range suits you perfectly, which is also recommended for you with curly hair. The series' hair products have moisturizing properties and oil that are also good if you have frizzy hair.