Hair oil is an essential part of a hair care routine to maximize shine and revitalize dry, frizzy hair. If you're new to the concept, it can be challenging to understand what hair oil really is and how to use it effectively. That is why we have gathered our best tips for using hair oil to help you achieve beautiful and healthy hair.
What does hair oil do?
Hair oil is a hair product that consists of a combination of oils that moisturize and improve hair health. Its rich formula helps fight frizz, adds shine and leaves hair silky smooth. Hair oils can also have additional benefits, such as protecting your hair from UV rays that can cause color fading. One of the greatest benefits of hair oil is its ability to penetrate deep into the strands and moisturize from the inside out, resulting in smooth, shiny, healthy-looking hair.
How to use hair oil
There is a common misconception that hair oil weighs the hair down and makes it greasy, which is not the case. Here are some tips on how to use hair oil to get the best result:
- Focus on applying hair oil to the mid-lengths and ends. Avoid applying it to the scalp unless the product is specifically designed for that purpose, as it can make the hair look greasy.
- Start by taking a small amount of hair oil in your hand and warm it by rubbing your palms together. Then gently squeeze and comb the oil through your hair, focusing on areas that appear dry and frizzy. Repeat as needed to add extra moisture to your hair.
- Hair oil is perfect for use on dry hair to finish your look with a beautiful shine, to fight frizz, and give damaged hair a healthier look.
- You can also apply hair oil to freshly washed, damp hair to moisturize and prevent frizz and tangles. If your hair is wet, you can use a slightly larger amount of oil as it absorbs oil better.
- If your hair is in need of intense hydration, apply the oil to the lengths and let it sit for a few minutes before washing your hair as usual with shampoo and conditioner.
How often to use hair oil
How often you should use hair oil depends on your hair type, and it's important to find a routine that works for you. If you have dry or damaged hair, you can use hair oil daily as part of your morning routine, and also apply a generous amount to wet hair after each wash. If your hair tends to become oily quickly, using hair oil a few times a week as needed is enough to avoid adding unnecessary oil to your hair.
Hair oil for blonde hair
If you have blonde hair and want to enhance your color with shine and luster, hair oil is a perfect addition to your hair care routine. Hair oil can also help strengthen and nourish hair that has been damaged by bleaching and chemical treatments. Some people with very light hair may find that pigmented hair oils add warmth to their hair color. It's best to use a translucent oil that allows the cooler blonde tones to stand out.
Hair Oil for Dry Hair
For those with dry hair in need of extra moisture and nourishment, hair oil is a must-have. Hair oils enriched with moisturizing ingredients help make the hair softer while reducing frizz and strengthening the strands. By using hair oil, you can provide your hair with the ultimate moisture boost and restore its natural shine and health.
Which Hair Oil Is the Best?
When it comes to choosing the right hair oil for your hair, it's important to consider your unique hair type. To be kind to your hair, opt for a hair oil that is free from harmful substances and uses natural ingredients.
Maria Nila's True Soft Argan Oil is a hair oil formulated with argan, rapeseed, and abyssinian oils, rich in antioxidants and fatty acids that provide shine and reduce frizz. True Soft Argan Oil quickly absorbs into the hair without weighing it down or leaving any visible residue, making it suitable for all hair types. The hair oil nourishes the hair while the Color Guard Complex protects it from UV rays.
True Soft Argan Oil is also available in a convenient travel-size hair oil bottle with 30ml. It's perfect to bring along on vacation to protect your hair from becoming frizzy due to saltwater or to have in your bag ready to quickly enhance shine and make your hair soft and manageable.
Hair oil is a product that can truly work wonders for your hair. With our tips, you can easily incorporate hair oil into your routine and achieve soft, shiny, and healthy-looking hair. So why not give hair oil a chance and see how it can transform your hair?